CSIRO Land and Water information is being migrated to the CSIRO.au website.
View the new website: www.csiro.au/clw
The South-West Western Australia Sustainable Yields Project
This website was last updated in 2013. It is no longer being maintained but remains here as an archive for information on the CSIRO Land and Water division projects, publications and activities..
If there is information you require that is in a format that you cannot access, or if you experience any other accessibility difficulties, please contact CSIRO.
Some material on this website may be superseded, as it was created at a particular time. It may contain references to activities, policies and programs that have no current application.
Content in the archive may link to web pages that have moved or no longer exist, or may refer to other documents that are no longer available.
For further information or assistance with the use of these archived documents please contact CSIRO.
CSIRO's publications repository contains records of more than 80 years of CSIRO research publications, such as journal articles, conference papers, books and reports. Some recent records may have full-text attachments available where copyright and confidentiality conditions permit. The repository is fully searchable. You can also browse the collection by author or publication date.
You can access the repository using the search tool on this page or from the repository home page.
The South-west Western Australia Sustainable Yields (SWSY) project is funded by the Australian Government to provide water managers and users with robust estimates of current and future water yields for Western Australia’s south-west.
CSIRO’s Water for a Healthy Country Flagship will work in partnership with the Western Australian Government’s Department of Water to provide the science to help underpin the planning and management of the region’s water resources.
The project resulted from a March 2008 decision by the Council of Australian Governments for a comprehensive scientific assessment of water yields in all major water systems across the country.
Further information on all of the Sustainable Yields Projects.
Overview | Project summaries | Main reports | Fact sheets | Technical reports | Presentations | Contact
Web-streamed audio presentations from the CSIRO Land and Water Public Seminar Series, Perth, April-May 2010:
Slides from stakeholder briefings following release of the South-West Western Australia Sustainable Yields project results in Perth on March 3, 2010:
- CSIRO stakeholder briefing, Perth, 3 March 2010 [92 page PDF, 6.7 MB]
- Bunbury stakeholder briefing, 4 March 2010 [77 page PDF, 4.1 MB]
- Water Corporation briefing, 5 March 2010 [45 page PDF, 2.4 MB]
- The future for water availability in south-west Western Australia in a drying climate, Institute of Agriculture, 5 March 2010 [44 page PDF, 2.4 MB]
- Surface water yields in south-west Western Australia [5.1 MB, PDF]
- Groundwater yields in south-west Western Australia [5.2 MB, PDF]
- Water yields and demands in south-west Western Australia [5.9 MB, PDF]
- Surface water yields in south-west Western Australia [6.5 MB, PDF]
- Groundwater yields in south-west Western Australia [10.5 MB, PDF]
- Water yields and demands in south-west Western Australia [10.2 MB, PDF]
- Surface water yields in south-west Western Australia: fact sheet. [712 kB, PDF]
- Groundwater yields in south-west Western Australia: fact sheet. [768 kB, PDF]
- Water yields and demands in south-west Western Australia: fact sheet [696 kB, PDF]
- Water in south-west Western Australia: fact sheet [395 kB, PDF]
Dr Don McFarlane
CSIRO Land and Water
Water For A Healthy Country Flagship
Phone: 61 8 9333 6215
Fax: 61 8 9383 7208