The developoment of the Soil and Landscape Grid of Australia has been made possible through collaborations and shared knowledge between Australia’s state, territory and Commonwealth government agencies as well as the University of Sydney.
The Soil and Landscape Grid is a part of the Terrestrial Ecosystem Research Network (TERN), which is supported by the Australian Government through the National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy (NCRIS).
All of the collaborating partners have supplied data, knowledge and skills to faciliate the development of the various Soil and Landscape Grid products.
The collaborators involved in the facility include:
- University of Sydney
- Geoscience Australia
- Western Australia Department of Agriculture and Food
- Tasmania Department Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment
- South Australia Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources
- Queensland Department of Science, Information Technology, Innovation and the Arts
- Northern Territory Department of Land Resource Management
- Victoria Department of Environment and Primary Industries
- NSW Office of Environment and Heritage
- The Australian Collaborative Land Evaluation Program